reflections on a hammer

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 14:50:24 -0400

One example of when using the original hammer cores is desirable is when =
the wooden cores are unusual dimensions - such as an American square =
grand. But for a modern piano I would always want new - that way you =
have maximum control over hammer characteristics.

Terry Farrell

  Joe, I will write to Ronsen too, and see how much it would cost to =
have the hammers made and shipped to Europe.
  Andre, thanks for the details you gave. Abel wrote to me that they can =
use Wurzen felt.

  Now, do you know of any reason one would choose not to usea new =
duplicated wooden hammer cores instead of having the hammers refelted? =
(Other than keeping the original wood cores, which is not that important =
given the fact that the felt gets changed anyway).

  Thanks to all!

   Calin Tantareanu