Harvey Roehl --" American Steel and Wire" proceedings....

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 11:26:47 -0700 (PDT)

  He is due an article
> somewhere I would
> think.

He was very nicely eulogized by the
Musical Box Society, in about 1/2 of an edition of
their Journal, by about 35 people.

> Gordon...

"Do you intend to make this available to
> all ? It
>  should be Public Domain, by now, I would think."

> think the Guild should be
> interested in republishing this book.

I do too. But some very vocal PTG "Bigwigs" refute
many of the claims in this book. Sooo, "Good Luck" !

( For the record, I do NOT refute these same claims. I
consider them quite eminently plausible. But who am I
? )

  It is after
> all the proceeds of a
> series of "conventions" of piano makers from 1900 to
> 1917.  The format is
> remarkably similar to the PTG Convention of today.
> My interest is to see if it can be rendered in PDF
> and how practical that
> would be.

    Well, that ought to be easy enough after the
copyright issues are resolved. Ask Marion. She may
even have a pristine copy, somewhere.

    Thump

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html