Reaming Jack Spring Hole

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:35:20 -0300

Get an end that fits a power screwdriver from Mother Goose, and modify the tool.
Or get a chuck attachment from Allied piano. Possibly available from some of the supply houses.
The end will also fit the type of screwdriver that has removable tips.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Fortiner
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 6:05 PM
  Subject: Reaming Jack Spring Hole

  Anyone have a good idea for reaming those holes in wippens that jack springs are glued into??  I ask because the tool sold by the supply houses is fine for a couple of holes, but trying to do a full set with that thing would really result in sore fingers.  I've tried chucking it into a drill press, but it wanders all over the top of the wippen regardless of speed.

  Thoughts??

  John Fortiner

  Billings, MT.