Tools: Who Needs 'Em

Jim jim@pianoguy.com
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 06:54:17 -0400

AAARRRGGGHHHH  aint it the trooth !!

It's not the toolkit so much, though it's absence has been noted a few =
times, it's more like the big fishermans kit of small but important =
parts, or the bag of universal bass strings, or the glue has frozen =
overnight ( canada eh ) or the directions to a new customers house . .=20

Speaking of directions ( we weren't, but I will ) has any one used =
maps.google.com  . . . ? It is fabulous for showing excellent maps of =
the whole continent, as well as sat photos of the same view ( little =
switch on the upper right side )=20
Go ahead, try it to see your house . .  it's amazing.
Carl, you're correct about  the list of things to remember . . seems to =
be growing . .  forgotten my cellphone in the charger several times =
lately . . .=20

memory . . .  AAARRRGGGHHH aging !!!  who needs it !

Jim Kinnear
"A man is about as big as the things that make him angry." -- Winston =
Churchill
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Carl Teplitski=20
  To: staff@smithpiano.com ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:20 AM
  Subject: Re: Tools: Who Needs 'Em

  This AM, left my garage for a 3 tuning job at a church setting.,
  approximately 40 minutes away.  Tried to remember to have cash, tools,
  address notes, cell phone, lunch.  Pulled away from garage sure I've=20
  forgotten something. Stopped the car, opened the trunk to make sure
  tool kit was there.  Knew I had to stop for gas, so made certain  cash =
 was
  available.  Drove about 5 minutes, looked on the seat for my cell =
phone,=20
  and realized I didn't have my glasses. They would be on the seat with =
my
  phone, . . but not today. Checked pockets, etc.  U turn , and back to =
the house.=20
  There on the kitchen table they were.  My wife thinks my memory isn't =
what it=20
  used to be, but I think that I seem to need to remember so many more =
things now.=20
  No way would I take lunch, didn't need glasses, there weren't any cell =
phones,
  so all I had to remember was to make sure  I had my tool kit.   Is it =
any wonder ????=20

  Has anyone ever left for a job, and forgot to shave ???

  Carl / Winnipeg

  Brad Smith wrote:=20
    Years ago, I showed up right on time, without my tools, to tune for =
a Russian lady who spoke no English. =20
    She was baffled that I wouldn't come in to tune the piano.=20
    I managed to fumble through some sign language, and returned an hour =
later.

    To this day, I still have a nervous twitch...=20
    When driving to my first appointment of the day, my right arm =
involuntarily flings itself into the back seat to check for my tool =
case.=20
    If anyone would happen to be sitting there, I'm afraid I couldn't be =
responsible for their safety.=20

    Best regards,=20
    Brad Smith, RPT=20
    www.smithpiano.com=20