Kawai CA-40

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:18:07 -0600

Hi Michael, If you use CA to make the bushings a little firmer,
use older glue that has thickened a little ot the medium thick.
The thin will wick in too far so if you have tight pins they will be =
really tight.
Only try it in a few at first so as to get a feel for what the outcome =
will be with the glue you are using
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Gamble=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:06 AM
  Subject: re:Kawai CA-40

  Hello List
  From SunnySussex where we have a problem with one of our pianos at =
Glyndebourne. Doesn't stay in tune. This is not one I tune for there are =
two of us and this is a rehearsal stage piano. My colleague asked me to =
have a go at it while he stood by. It seems it was tuned just yesterday =
and already the top two breaks were in trouble and the effect was =
creeping down into the middle break - unisons weren't unison. Yuk! So I =
inspected it and found there is quite a lot of Joe G's "flag-poling" =
going on. Of course you recognise the model (it also has MII stencilled =
on the web beside the CA-40). My gut feeling is there is too much "give" =
in those wrest-pin bushings. I was just wondering whether a good old =
dose of CA might not be in order...it might just harden those =
bushings...What do you think?
  Over to you!
  From a sunny Sussex evening in the Downland Village. The Elm trees at =
the bottom of my garden have Dutch Elm Disease and tomorrow they're all =
being cut down. The condition is shewn by a black ring between the bark =
and the wood - a knife cut will reveal the problem.
  Michael G.(UK)