heater bar question

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:49:43 -0700

Don said: "use a full system with back cover. It will pay for
itself time and time again. Heater bar only never
works well--and by the time you add a humidistat--the
cost is nearly the same as the full blown system. You
might wish to consider the "wet" humidistat if the
piano could use some more crown"

I totally disagree with everything you have said here!
My recommendation would be to install a 25 watt Heater Bar WITH a =
Humidistat. The Back cover and humidification unit are not needed in =
higher humidity situations, IMO. I've been installing such, for years, =
in pianos on the Oregon Coast and have found that the pianos have very =
good stability. (period!) The cost of a complete system is far greater =
than what I suggest.
Once Julia has done this initial installation, she'll be able to tell if =
more is needed for the location situation. The piano will tell her!<G> =
Also, the "wet" humidistat is not needed, as the piano has not been used =
to a "wet" situation. Sheesh!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I