Fish Glue

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:46:13 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C56E83.8CF78510
Terry,

The experience I have had with fish glue is:- I had to fix up a player
repair done with fish glue only 1 year before coming to me. The player piano
was on the Darling Downs in Queensland, which suffers from low RH and
extreme temperatures for Australia. The fish glue had lost its adhering
power in that the pneumatics were falling of and the valve tops had come
loose. I had to redo the entire action because the original  restorer said
there was nothing wrong with it.

>From this experience I will never entertain the use of fish glue on pianos
and will stick with animal glue.

Kerry Cooper

Brisbane, Australia

  _____

From: Paul Chick (Earthlink) [mailto:tune4@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 31 May 2005 12:15 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Fish Glue

Fish glue....half the price of cold hide glue..same features...taks
faster..ong shelf life.

Farrell <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

And I've used a small dab of cold hide glue. Seems to work well and should
be as easy as hot hide to remove 87 years later.....

Terry Farrell

Tell us more.Brand name; where available; other applications..

Thanks

Paul C

------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C56E83.8CF78510
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...