Goofy 1884 Chickering action advice sought.......

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:24:33 -0500

At 21:01 6/10/2005, you wrote:

>Subject: Goofy 1884 Chickering action advice sought.......
>
>Trying to resuscitate this thing for the hospital
>lobby.....
>
>Is it possible to send pictures, or bring them to Kansas City?  I have a
>Chickering Square grand action about that vintage.
>
>Paul Chick, Sr.

Paul,

That picture looks like an early Edwin Brown action.  We've got an 1889
Chickering at school with that action, except that it has a hammer height
adjustment screw which looks like a broadheaded tack on the shank where you
would expect a barrel.

I haven't had my head in a Chickering square lately... JOE! did they put a
repetition action in their late ('80s) squares??

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.