More Bizarro Chick ( ering ) pics, 3

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:57:06 -0700

Al Pebworth kindly forwarded this link to me, as well. This is very similar
to the action of the 1893 Chickering 9 foot grand I had to regulate.
I had forgotten that the "oversized thumb tack" was adjustable like
a drop screw, but now that I see it that was the way it was. I believe
that the rail I had to reposition to get rid of bobbling hammers was the
hammer rail. I thought I'd have to put on a thicker piece of cloth
(I don't quite remember  on which side of the rail the cloth was,
but it went the whole length) but instead there were slots so I could
just move the rail, which must have changed the spread,
and the problem was solved.

Thanks, Al. The second photo shows the polished "thumbtack" just
fine, even showing the mirror-like bottom surface of it on the hammer
which has been folded back.

Susan