Steinway O Redesign

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:32:11 -0500

> It gets... richer, like expecting milk and getting a shake.*
>
>   _/Ron/_
> _/  I like this description better.  It's is like more horsepower Or a
> notch higher or whatever/_
> _/ It's more better sounding./_
> _/than the Old design/_

Gooder - yup, that's it. Not less bad, amazingly enough, but
actually gooder.

  > /  This is one reason I prefer the loch-n- stich repair.  These
guys
> sell do it yo sef repair kits & it doesnt' look that tough even with the
> plate in the piano. Of course there is still the filling & usual body
> work  to attend to after wards. I know people weld plates but the guys
> at loch-n- stich say it really isn't possible or at least risky  Huh?
> any way./

Not possible? Not, or not, depending on the welder. Risky? Maybe
(the chip tuning was rather intense, but ultimately uneventful).
People regularly send irreplacible one of a kind iron castings to
this guy from all over, and he un-breaks them like he would any
$2.98 K-Mart piece of iron. It's what he does. Like my old Dad used
to say, a welder can't screw up badly enough that he can't fix it
unless he just isn't a welder in the first place.  Possible or not,
it's what he does for a living every day. Are you aware that iron
filler rod is available for gas welding? I wasn't, but he showed me
a box of the stuff. The down side is, obviously, the smoking-o-the
finish.

Education, like gold and salmonella, is where you find it. All will
humble you if you survive them.

Ron N