pocket pc

Mark Schecter schecter@pacbell.net
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:11:12 -0700

Hi, Dave.

I don't use a PDA (I use an iBook), but there are lots of people (way
more than Macs, and more than PC laptops as well, I believe) using
Pocket PCs very happily with CyberTuner and various database software
for customers and appointments. It's a little trickier synching a PPC to
a Mac than to a PC, though, trying to get a set of applications that
works for you on both platforms. There may be a slick way, but I have
avoided having to solve that problem because I am very happy with doing
all my computing/tuning/web/email on a single reliable, virus-free
MacOSX box, even if it weighs five pounds. I must admit having been
tempted by the fly-weight, many-tunings-per-charge PPC, though.

I have no doubt you would be happy using RCT on the PPC. It's all the
other non-RCT stuff that could be a pain. If you already have all your
database stuff working on your Palm, you could get the PPC just for RCT,
and continue as you are with everything else on the Palm. Carrying both
is still less bulky than all but the flimsiest laptops.

Perhaps someone else can give you more specifics on synching and
applications.

-Mark Schecter

David Ilvedson wrote:
> I'm toying with the idea of a new pda.   I'm using a Palm.   If I go  into the Pocket PC arena, ie. IPAC, Dell AXIEM  etc. I might consider
the CyperTuner Pocket PC software...are the Pocket PCs working well for
techs on the List?   Someone had a problem with Time & Chaos and a
Pocket PC.   I could always just get a better Palm device with color
screen etc. and continue as I do...