Marking Rim Notches; was: Fish and whales

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:40:06 +0100

------=_NextPart_001_0037_01C57281.49B19690
Farrell!  That's brilliant! I must get the Nursery children to do =
likewise.... It's the thought of sharp chisels in their hands..... and =
hammers... They're already into sawing bits of wood! Start them young - =
I say!  But really I do think the Play Dough use is a great one. Did you =
use to take illicit imprints of keys in your dim past? I can't think how =
else you could have devised this worthy method!
>From a windy - yet with the promise of a hot week-end in Sussex
Michael G.(UK)

  First I tape off the rib ends so the PlayDough doesn't stick to the =
ribs.

  Then I goober on a little wad of PlayDough about where each of the new =
rib ends will go and press the soundboard into place. The rib ends will =
imprint their exact locations into the Play Dough wads.

  Mark the notch edges with a sharp chisel.

  Scrape off the PlayDough and notch the rim in the usual manner.

  Terry Farrell

  > What's the purpose of the Play-Dough?
  >=20
  > Phil Ford