What can hardened CA be dissolved with, on hammers ????

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:21:08 -0700

Acetone.

And if you use as little CA as possible, it'll set up better and not
run as much. Also, the fumes (both CA and acetone) aren't good for
you. The CA only sets up when it's in contact with air, so whatever
is inside a glob of it stays liquid.

I've had good luck with just a few drops at the base of only the
loose pins on an untilted upright, repeated a couple of times if need be.
I think that the first application wicks along the cracks, leaving
almost none to line the hole. But the second time around, the cracks
have been at least partly sealed by the first application, so it seems
to stick around in the hole better and improve friction.

good luck -- don't know if it'll wick into the hammers or soak out, or what
they'll be like afterwards.