Pitchlock

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:19:55 -0500

> Has anyone had experience with the pitchlock devices.  It sounds like
> something that would help with some wild bass strings, and maybe even
> some false beating treble strings.  However the startup cost is pretty
> hefty.  Not bad if it does what it says, but I thought I might inquire
> from the list first.
> Any thoughts??
>
> Ed Carwithen
> John Day, OR

No experience, but coupling a flagpoling bridge pin to another pin
by a pitchlock staple pretty much has to limit the flagpoling that
causes the false beat. Short of actually fixing it, this is likely a
quick, non destructive alternative. WAY better than seating either
strings or pins.

My call

Ron N