PC tuning vs. Aural tuning fork

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:21:18 -0700

At 08:07 PM 6/19/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Now - let's be honest. How many of you can thump your chest and say "I
>don't really need a PC tuning program - I can lay the bearings by ear from
>a tuning fork and complete the tuning by ear". Well?

Moi. It's the only way I've ever done it. I've read all the arguments in
favor of cybernetic tuning, but none yet have seemed compelling enough for
me to change my ways. Maybe if someday I came into a concert hall to tune,
and saw the seats occupied by oscilloscopes attached to microphones, that
might give me pause.

Susan Kline, living dinosaur (do dinosaurs have chests to thump?)