De-verdigrising glued-on flange advice, other Brown action advice, please !

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:28:18 -0700 (PDT)

I a beginning to dislike this ( appropriatly named ) "
Brown " action!  The "balancier" rail has a series of
gummed-up flanges glued to a thin piece of wood.
Before I make a  scale-stick and heat them off, I want
to try freeing these flanges by blasting them with
something, such as brake part cleaner, followed by
carb cleaner ( which has a  bit of lubricant.)
    Thoughts?

I also seek advice on what to lube the wood plats that
mine has instead of the nice, shiny, adjustable
buttons everyone ELSE got on the underside of the
hammershanks !!! These are pushed on by the
"balancier", which has thin woven action cloth on it.
Sooooo: wood lubricated by ? has least friction when
pushed against by woven action cloth ??? I got a "Dry
Lube Stick" from Schaff. Should I use it here, or toss
it in favor of something else ?

     Finally, I am increasingly attracted to suicide
as an alternative to trying to get the "butterfly"
spring ends in both the jack loop, and the loop on the
"balancier". If there is a standard procedure to
acomplish thish, I would love to hear of it.

    Peace,