Rib Crowned Hamburgs ?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:25:38 -0400

"...they resembled the setup Terry Farrell posted pictures of a while back."

Darn, I knew someone would copy them......should've done the copyright
thing......

"...the same as pure rib crowning procedures so enthusiastically debated
back and forth on this list..."

It may essentially be pure rib crowning they employ (much to my surprise,
for sure), but there is more to designing a soundboard than crowning a rib.
What is the taper design? What is the rib array? Rib dimensions? Rib
radius/radii? Radius/radii of caul(s).

Not to mention the panel design.

It could also be the case where they machine a 60-foot radius arc into a rib
and press it into a tighter caul - that would induce compression crowning.

Still many unanswered questions, but yes, definitely interesting. Thanks for
sharing.

And besides, I didn't think hamburgers had any bones....?

Terry Farrell