Grand Regulation Fee

David Andersen david@davidandersenpianos.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:53:57 -0700

> I've read a lot about tuning fees recently, but what about a complete
> grand regulation that takes anywhere from 10 to 20 hours depending on
> the original condition of the action?  These all seem to come to my
> direction since there are no other techs nearby who wish to do this
> work.
>
> Ray

Hi Ray---You are in a great position; you need to capitalize on it.  Because
you're willing and able to do complete piano service, you can charge more
than anyone else.  What's your hourly rate? Charge that; you can give a
discount for being in one place all day, or two days---say, 20%.

Example: 20 hours @ $75.00/hr= $1500.00
                    or
         2 long days @ $600/day= $1200.00

Congratulations---this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.  Become "the
guy" in your area by offering complete piano service; be a Golden Rule
person, and it's like shooting fish in a barrel to make good money.

David Andersen