back problems

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:55:27 -0400

Susan,
         Thanks for the response! I'm not sure what to think about your
glue fragment theory. It seems that the fragments would simply crush into
to wood as the new washers on the back did. Still, I'm not sure. That glue
does dry / cure pretty dog gone hard. If the wood were dense enough I
suppose it could be holding the joint apart. OTOH I am able to close the
gap with a "C" clamp, I just can't keep it closed with the position of the
bolts. Perhaps a light misting of water and some gorilla glue?

best,
Greg