Habitat for Insectia (Bio-Pinblock Recycling)

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:42:36 -0700

At 04:46 PM 6/21/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>I guess I left this old pinblock outside a little too long (Home Sweet Home!).
>
>Terry Farrell

Now, Terry, that's an interesting thought. After all, some of us
end up with old pinblocks now and then.

In some garden catalog or other I've seen blocks with holes drilled
in them sold for stingless bees, to keep in the yard as pollinators.
I can't remember how the bees were included, but essentially they
were supposed to go on using the block for many years.

One could cut up old pinblocks for this, I suppose. I wonder who
knows about how it works?

Do it wrong, and you might get mud dauber wasps.

sssszzzzzzn