Wurzen Felt

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:10:33 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_008C_01C5769D.484B61D0
My question is: what's the difference between the grades? How is that
measured? I can well imagine the three gold lines becoming a hallmark of
quality, but what does that really mean? How do Wurzen A compare to others
in their price range?

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ray Negron
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:33 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Wurzen Felt

Hi Greg,

Wurzen makes three different grades of hammer felt, piano grade, Wurzen A,
and Wurzen AA. According to Jack Brand, owner of Wurzen Felt, the AA grade
came on the market about 18 months ago. At Ronsen, we use AA, which is the
highest quality of Wurzen. It can be identified by the three "gold lines" in
the first several bass hammers. As far as I know, both Abel and Renner also
stock Wurzen AA, as well as other brands of felt.

_

Ray Negron
Ronsen Piano Hammer Co.
ray@ronsen-hammer.com