Brown Blues Pt.1 - The brake part cleaner worked beautifuly....

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:25:41 -0700 (PDT)

...in blasting away the verdigris in the glued on
flanges. They were gunked up solid, and now they're
quite acceptable. A little lubricant and they should
be perfect enough for this thing.
     Now I'm going to replace the cords in the forked
things. I have no delusions about pulling those tiny
tacks out from the sides without shattering
irreplaceable parts,  so I'll just glue the cords into
the grooves, probably with a  thick PVC
( like "Aileen's Tacky Glue )which will meld with the
interstices of the woven fishing lineuse, but be easy
to pick oput later.
     The one daunting obstacle I foresee is getting
the butterfly spring ends in both loops, as I replace
the panels they are attached to.
     And regulatiiong this thing. Are written
instructions available ? If not, I'll try to figure it
out and post my progress in a numbered series of
emails for the next victim of one of these.
     Thump