Kansas City (MO & KS)

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:09:43 -0400

 From my past experience, the Exhibit Area would have been the #1
responsibility of Shawn Bruce, PTG's Marketing Manager. With the chain
of command ascending through Sandy Roady (among whose hats is
Convention Manager), on up to Barbara Cassaday (Executive Director).
All of whom are Very Hardworking Individuals. I wasn't there, though,
so was not witness to how cavernous the space may or may not have been.
Sometimes once you go beyond Space Plan A and want to negotiate for
further space you have to pay for all of Space B, and the "jam packed"
area suddenly gets very spread out.
I think class scheduling is the responsibility of the Institute
Committee, all fellow technicians volunteering vast quantities of their
time. Back when as an everyday convention registrant I would offer
on-the-spot suggestions for improvement to then co-chairs of the
Institute Committee (Allan Gilreath and Dale Probst) they would suggest
that since I seemed to know *so much* about "how to do it" that I
should join their committee ASAP! I declined the invite; during the
years when I served an RVP, with about a month a year away from home,
and a considerable amount of time at home with phone calls, e-mail, and
paperwork, it became clear to me that the Institute Committee was
probably putting in much more time than I was!
After a bit of rest, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear how they can
make the next Institute better than earlier ones. And they're always
eager for more help!
Best wishes,
Patrick Draine