Franz Mohr

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:14:44 EDT

Hi Gregg
 I'm not sure Horace meant  anything as cryptically as you took  it. There
are certainly great passions in yours all the subsequent responses  parts of
which I both whole heartedly  agree with and also add a  different perspective.
   What Horace says is really true that at the end of the day  we have to use
our art to get whatever we can from whatever  we have to  work with. And
fortunately I get my best raw materials from the Steinway  factory which without,
I'd not be in business. So let them say what ever they  wish & we will know
the difference.  In the end we can't & wont'  change there minds, much unless it
translates into lost revenues. If our rebuilt  pianos get to be so famous for
tone that no one wants the new one then  well....
   I    appreciate your passion words &  point of view.
  I also consider Franz Mohr a personal friend & colleague. He  once heard
/played one of my new board Mason BBs and said "Please keep doing  this for not
every one can get this result." Hmm this was a seriously rib  crowned board.
Honestly the piano had room for improvement but The man does have  ears to
hear. also a right to his opinion
  You said
  ". I have difficulty with the
posturing that his  generation has made an instrument we all cherish the
best it can ever be. In  my mind improvement is ALWAYS possible and desired."
    Agreed & we all no it
    Dale Erwin

best,
Greg

P.S. and not  once did I denigrate or call anyone any names ...
  No you didnt'