Franz Mohr

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:49:37 EDT

John
  I think I can assure you this departure from what we  are accustomed to
verses what's possible is a big jump forward & not  backwards. If the sonic
pleasure you get from a supremely prepared  standard Stwy etc piano pleases you
,then fasten your seat belt when you sit  down to the redesigned keyboards. All
the struggle we go thru to eeeck out  sustain and power in the average piano is
waaaaay easier when the board is  really a working & vibrant musical
breathing dragon.  Oh & did  I mention dynamic range?
   My hope is to make more of the re-designed  "custom restored" pianos
available to the average Tech/pianist  to experience & play so you can determine
for your self if it's just hot gas  or the real deal.
    This is one of the purposes of the  Artist Alliance Of David Andersens
Atelier In L.A.  David  , myself   dreamed of  having a place open to  pianist/
techs to have a hands on expereince. Don't complain be happy. Come over  &
play.
  Dale

In any case, I hope new ideas continue to be explored. I don't know if  the
piano can be improved without a departure from what makes a piano a piano,  and
that's why I take the position I do. If all that is being desired is to make
pianos consistently sound as good as the best Steinways/M&H/etc., how can I
complain? But if we're talking about a big shift that might change the piano
as  we know it, how can I not complain? I love the piano!

- John

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com