Piano wire tensile strength

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:51:00 -0700

I really think the writer meant three to four full twists.

Most factory stringers hook up the hitch pin first. The twisting is done at the
tuning pin end. At least they did when this report was written.

What you find in bass strings you're removing is not a good indicator of what
was there to begin with. Some of the original dissipates over time.

Del