Grand Regulation Fees

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:01:51 -0700

Terry said: "G" Piano Works (Joe Garrett) suggests about 15 hours for a =
complete=20
regulation. I find that to be about right - less for a newer action in=20
decent shape, and more for an old crapo that has gone 97 years without a =

regulation. I charge $60 per hour shop time and tell them that it will =
cost=20
between $600 & $1,200, depending on how much time I need to spend with =
it -=20
closer to the lower end if it cooperates with me, or closer to the upper =
end=20
if I run into a lot of small repairs, etc. The upper end also will =
include=20
full re-felting of the keyframe, filing the hammers, and minor repairs."

Terry,
One thing that y'all aren't getting. Repairs ARE repairs and are charged =
for accordingly. Regulation is Regulation, as above, it is a separate =
thingee!<G> Of course, one CANNOT do a proper regulation UNTIL all of =
the mechanical foibles are taken care of. Anyone who attempts such, is a =
fool/fooling him/herself, IMO. Strong words? Yes! (Flack Jacket firmly =
affixed to protect body from incoming!<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I