Table Saw Recommendations

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:10:10 -0700

Brad Smith said: "My new motto is: "Buy it right, and buy it once".
Great tools pay for themselves, and you'll rarely regret getting the
'good stuff'."

Brad,
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! Just wish everyone would pay =
attention to that!<G> Way to go.
As for my recommendation, I'd have to say the Delta-Rockwell is one of =
the best. For a good, lesser expensive one, I'd choose the OLDE Sears =
Craftsman, if you can find one that's not too beat up. Real workhorses, =
for their size. I've had one for over 30 years and it does most of what =
I want it to do, without any problems.=20
BTW, it behooves y'all to "tweak" your power tools, from time to time, =
to ensure accuracy and safety. (Like Ron O's bout with his Bandsaw!<G>) =
Of course, most of use don't do the  volume/rough service that Ron does.
Most of my equipment is quite olde w/reallllyyyy olde electric motors =
that require oiling of the bearings on a regular basis. This has gotten =
me into the habit of checking my other, (newer), tools when I do the =
monthly oiling. Another thing, it will help if you use the compressed =
air and blow all the dust/debris out of the motors, as well. That stuff =
will build up and could cause a failure or worse yet, a fire.
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I