Bass strings control

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:31:51 +0200

Hello list.

We all know those singing upper partials who appear in nice bass strings =
and make them breathe with the music.  I have a friend who doesn't like =
those.  He plays F2 on his piano, nice rowling sound with the singing =
upper partials who shake my spine, and he says "bah, no good".  Then he =
plays G2, nice rowling sound but no upper partials here, so for me good =
but might benefit one (no more) twist, maybe it will sing, maybe not, =
but the guy says "yeah man ! this one is really cool".  He wants them =
all like that.
Any idea how to achieve this ?  I thought voicing would be of little =
help, but I might be wrong.  I thought I could clean the offending =
strings with copper polish, but I foresee a disaster.  Untwist maybe ? =
but then probably wounding buzzes.
Anyone ever faced the same request ?

Greetings.

St=E9phane Collin.