What to do for sore wrists and arms.

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:56:12 -0500

Excuse snips below that may be somewhat cryptic. Bear with me and lets
change the subject line if needed.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nichols" <nicho@zianet.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: What to do for sore wrists and arms.

..... flamesuit zipped-up to the neck..... strong arms help.
>Honestly, a little extra time a few times a week
> invested on your forearm muscles will get your flexors and extensors ..
For me, it's the control benefit that I really like.
> Simple mechanics.  It's ALL you muscles, y'know. Not just arms.

> "Stronger arms=more control". If you are a bass trombone player, moving
the slide and wiggling fingers at the same time, "arm relaxation
techniques", and erect posture are required. I have found that the more
muscle in my right arm the slower my slide will move in and out. Conversly
the weaker, the harder it is to tune. Flexible strength is the answer. The
back muscles and diaphram muscles are important, as well as taking deep
breaths as you tune/play. Think the same way as you 'pound the keys'...relax
and breathe deeply. We are in agrement here, just another way of looking at
a problem. ...Full body flame suit applied for if not activated.

Hubert Liverman
Opelika,Al