WHERE CAN I BUY ECSAINE,PLEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:48:07 -0500

>     For the record, I replied to Gordon's question  about escaine.
>     I did not advocate its use in player pianos.

I don't either. The systems were designed around the physical
characteristics of the leathers and felts available at the time, and
worked quite well, and for a very long time with these materials.

>    This is certainly  no big deal in this case, but confused attributions
> live in the archives forever.
>     Tom Driscoll
>     P.S.  I find players to the epitome of anachronism <G>
>
>>--- Tom Driscoll <tomtuner@comcast.net> wrote:

I consider players to be the epitome of the mechanical marvel - a
pre-electronic source of magic which, like anything else, should be
understood reasonably well in their original form before arbitrarily
deviating from that original form.
Ron N