Grist for the Mill

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 13 May 2005 07:59:04 -0500

Don,

At 06:41 5/13/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Conrad,
>
>I was the one who wanted the humidity figures--

Yeah, I saw that. Ye old ohno moment.

>and yes it helps to see what
>is happening--your 0103 and one year later humidity and pitch numbers show
>that the piano would definitely benefit from a bottom cover.

Budget busted for this year, but who knows for next...

>Next time you tune in "dry weather" measure the humidity at the DC
>controller. You may be shocked at the results.
>
>What type of "meter" did you get Conrad? How accurate is it as the readings
>go lower (or higher) i.e. + or - what percentage?

It is a newer, but still a close-out, Radioshack. Just a little smaller
than the D-C, and older "Micronta" ones which only go to 25%.   Accuracy,
if I recall, is on a par with most. I'm more interested in consistency of
readings. THe difference (point spread?) in the readings tells me more than
the absolute numbers.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.