Wurlitzer Spinet

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 24 May 2005 21:01:55 -0500

Here is my 2 cents, others may be willing to spend more ...

Getting rid of a Wurlitzer Spinet? Great idea.

Storing body parts from dead, crummy little pianos? Not me.

I will plunder good ivories, good (like they used to make 'em) screws and other occasional hardware parts), maybe the pedal dowel rods and some other wood (if it seems useful and not hard to extract).

Anything you save has to be labelled and stored; 99.999 percent of which you will never use.

Unless you have some very unusual parts, almost anything can be replaced with new. Chickerings tended to have some one-of-a-kind parts because they were very experimental over the years.

Steinway rails, whippens, brackets, keys?  Yeah, maybe--although few Steinways are junked, per se.

Wurlitzer spinet? Make a little computer desk out of it or have a weenie roast and invite the whole fire department.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew Todd
To: Pianotech
Sent: 05/24/2005 6:58:01 PM
Subject: Wurlitzer Spinet

I have a friend who wants to get rid of a Wurlitzer Spinet.  I already took a look at it.  I was thinking I can use it to stock a good supply of spare parts.  Would this be a good thing to do for myself?  If so, what exactly would you all recommend I stock?  (Hammer heads, whippens, etc.)?  Or are there only certain parts I should take?

Thanks!
Matthew

Do You Yahoo!?