Compartmentizing

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sat Apr 1 06:44:32 MST 2006

Good points Bob.

I agree whole heartedly.  Every tool, adhesive, lube has it's proper usage
and CA is definitely not for fixing stripped screw holes.  Used properly, of
course, it is a wonderful tool to have in our bag.

Regards,
William R. Monroe

Bob Moffatt wrote,

     "I wasn't going to bring this up, re: the " magic - fix everything,
illustrious CA" but since I know I have at least you on this side.....I will
!
    I went on a call to address a clients concern regarding an older S&S
"M". It seemed simple enough. When he played with a tad of vigour,
    some  hammers were hitting the adjacent note. I go to his home, thinking
at worst, I will be adjusting the unacorda travel. No way!!!!
    It turns out to be loose hammer flanges. Reposition the hammer, tighten
the flange screw..done. No way!!! It turns out that the screws are "CA'D"
    to the flange. Reason?....All the screws were stripped in the dowel in
the rail. I think of the logic(?) behind this but....well I give up.
    Same with the loose pedal screw. Has anyone heard of a lock washer?...or
two nuts on the threaded rod tightened together? Won't come
    loose. Very frustrating,

    Ten Four,

    Bob"