Compartmentizing

R.Moffatt & Sons Piano moffatt5 at telus.net
Sat Apr 1 10:46:10 MST 2006

"Dean wrote"

 I beg to differ. CA works wonderfully for fixing stripped screw holes. Hit
 the hole with accelerator, add 2 drops of CA, and viola! Fixed.

 Dean
 Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
 PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
 Terre Haute IN  47802

"Bob wrote"

Same with the loose pedal screw. Has anyone heard of a lock washer?...or
two nuts on the threaded rod tightened together? Won't come loose.

Dean,

I wasn't saying it wouldn't work (so would a Mig Welder in the case of the pedal screw),
There seem to be a number of "freshman" on the list, not to mention the "lurkers", who may
take everything discussed as gospel. If, for example, one of these relatively inexperienced ones
came across..say a loose screw on the damper pedal, and preformed the "ca quick fix", and is
called back by the client because the dampers are just barely lifting away from the strings (say
3/4" play in the peal), then what? I haven't used this method(?) so don't know if it is suitable for
a quick-proper adjustment of said pedal.

Just a Sat. AM thought.

Sincerely,

Bob

R.Moffatt & Sons