repairing chipped plate

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 10:58:31 MST 2006

Barbara,
What Piano? I have a 1 lb can of S&S bronzing powder,
I could send a smidgen for you to mix with lacquer or preferably, shellac.
Orange shellac and gold bronzing/lining powder makes a good match.

I have other bronzing powders (pale gold, silver & copper) as well to blend
for different manufacturers. Sometimes I put a little black in to deepen the
color or brown stain to give the plate a nice highlight for a wood finish case.

Actually, the S&S powder is from Wurdack. The other ones were purchased
from a local craft store and tole workshop; they are called lining powders.
They come in 1oz. vials and come in varied shades of metallic colors.

Check out your local craft DIY shops.
I couldn't find much on the web but the name on the bottle is:
Bob Corey Assoc. - (516) 485-5544 - 1108 Merrick Ave, Merrick, NY 11566
--

Regards,

Jon Page