Baldwin SD

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 13:31:33 MST 2006

Thanks, Andrew.

Your is the only response I've gotten so far.

At 06:56 PM 3/31/2006, you wrote:
>Avery,
>Back at national that happened on a piano we were voicing and we
>just backed off the one pin and took up on the other to move the
>string around a little.  Can happen with aggressive lifting putting
>a little bend where you don't want it.  If the piano is
>single-strung, as I understand, you may have to try lifting to ease
>the bend...  \\]

No, it's not single strung (like a Bose). But it does have one single
looped string per unison from the
middle on down.

>There was something in the journal a while back about damage to
>agraffes too...that would require removing the string to polish the
>agraffe.  Not your first choice ;-)

That's my thought, too. Since it probably came that way from the
factory. Although IMO, it would be more than
"polishing" the agraffes! Definitely NOT my first choice! :-)

Avery Todd