Health Insurance for RPT's?

John Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Sat Apr 1 21:43:34 MST 2006

Carman,

There was a discussion of this sometime last year. You might check the
archives under "health insurance."

Basically, each family's needs are different. My family doesn't have chronic
illness, so we have a Health Savings Account policy through Golden Rule.
This is basically major medical with a high deductible. For me and two
children, the monthly cost is $212, and the deductible is $5400 per calendar
year. This may sound bad at first, but this plan offers 100% coverage after
the annual deductible is met. I really like that option because at least I
know I'm not spending more than $5400 every year should something
catastrophic happen.  Many policies would require paying at least $5400 per
year in premiums alone, so it's really a matter of risk vs. benefit (like
all insurance, huh?)

I got my policy through www.ehealthinsurance.com. I bet you could find some
helpful information there as well.

John Formsma