Agraffes

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 13:31:28 MDT 2006

In a message dated 4/2/2006 2:25:31 PM Central Standard Time,
absolutepiano at comcast.net writes:

> We finished a Bechstein this year and went through the effort of removing
> all the agraffes for a complete overhaul. I wish I could say for sure that our
> work on the agraffes contributed to an improved tone, but in all honesty I
> can only assume. But I feel good about it and they sure look purdy. I don't
> keep mine in order, do you really feel it helps?

Jude:

Bechstein's are fun, aren't they, with the thick agraffes up in the treble?

One of the research projects we may undertake here at The Chicago School for
Piano Technology under the research management of David Carpenter who is our
Research Manager (among other things) is some analysis of the effect of the
shaping work we have done on agraffes. We'll let you know the results.

We do keep them in order, but that's just our normal anal nature. Whether is
really makes that much of a difference is up for grabs.

Thanks for your comments.

Paul