laminated ribs

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 4 04:18:16 MDT 2006

stress is the force causing the deformation divided by the area to which the
force is applied; and strain is the ratio of the change caused by the stress
to the original state of the object.

For a piano rib (in a RC&S system) then, the stress would be downbearing and
the strain would be the amount of crown loss due to downbearing pressure.

Terry Farrell