False Beats / Loose pins

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 14:31:42 MDT 2006

Hi Ric,

Yes, with pianos you *can* have it both ways. On some pianos apparently
replacing the bridge pin with a larger one, or sizing the hole removes the
false beat. On others it makes no difference. We unfortunately don't yet
understand what causes *all* false beats. So loose bridge pins *may* cause
false beats. This satisfies the logic.

Was there *lots* of sidebearing on that piano Ric? I suspect there was.

At 04:44 PM 4/5/2006 +0200, you wrote:
>David.
>
>Either they cause false beats...or they dont.  You cant have it both
>ways. The rules of logic state:
>
> If the statement <<If A then B>> is true, then every time A occurs B
>follows. If B does not follow, then the statement <<If A then B>> simply
>doesnt hold and there must be another reason for B.
>
>Cheers
>RicB

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7