False Beats / Loose pins

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Apr 5 16:40:53 MDT 2006

Hi again William.

You really dont see that adding CA does more then fill in some/all of
the space around the pin ? Think about it.

Why am I so reluctant to think that loose pins can be the direct cause
of false beats ??? Because there are too many exceptions to that rule.
Too many times there are the exact kind of false beats loose pins are
supposed to cause in the face of pins that are as tight as can be.  But
mostly because I am curious to find the real root and not inclined to
just buy into the ... "well fill it with CA and the beat stops... so it
must be so" argument.  Its to simple and far too often it just doesnt
add up.

Not a biggie tho William... like I said to begin with... CA helps so we
dont (strictly speaking) need to know exactly why from that standpoint.
So fill away ...  I do.  Still, I am curious. Perhaps there is a more
complete cure out there ??? eh ????

Cheers
RicB

Ric,

I don't get it.  If the pins were loose and there were false beats.  All you
did was CA them so they are now tight and there are no false beats.  What
else is there?  I understand that so much of what we do may have
explanations we do not comprehend, or variables that we do not see.  But,
you only changed one variable and supported the hypothesis.  Why are you so
reticent to think loose pins CAN cause false beats?  It seems you've proven
it to yourself.

Regards,
William R. Monroe