Advice? Opinions? Guidance?

James H Frazee jimfrazee at msn.com
Thu Apr 6 16:40:14 MDT 2006

So today I run across an ad in our local "shopper" newspaper which I repeat here verbatim:

"NYS AUTHORIZED PIANO TECHNICIAN: Thorough, precise, honest.  Tuning $100." followed by the man's name, claim that he has a Masters in Music and phone number.

First, New York State does NOT authorize piano technicians, period.  Does anyone know of a state that does?  But the point is, is there anything that we, the PTG, can do about this false/misleading advertising?  Does the national office have a program or policy statement (yes, I know about OUR ethics but what about others?) Frankly, it makes us all look bad, (and I'm only an Associate, for now).  Advice? Opinions? Guidance?