String bearing point lubrication

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 6 21:33:01 MDT 2006

Avery,

Not to answer for Mike, but I like to lubricate from both sides of the
capo or pressure bar, just to be sure I get lubricant where it needs to
be. And when you're about to raise pitch, the wire is moving from the
speaking length toward the pressure bar.

The reason I prefer to hold a piece of felt in tweezers instead of using
a brush, is that I can squirt drops from the hypo-oiler onto the felt
with full control, and never worry about contaminating the bottle with
piano grime.

-Mark