String bearing point lubrication

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Fri Apr 7 05:42:20 MDT 2006

I have been following this thread with some interest simply because I
seem to see pianos requiring this treatment in spurts.

I really really like the tweezers/felt idea..for me, tip of the month!

But - is there anyone out there who, like me,  uses a 4:1 mixture of
Naptha/Mineral Oil for their lubricating purposes?

Or - for those who are more chemically inclined than me, can you tell me
a reason why this mixture is not a good idea?

I have used this idea since Day 2 of  "The Rook's Reality Revelation"
process with no adverse affects that I am aware of.

I am very aware of the ProLube - Protek - Juice Goose products, but have
not felt the need to pursue these.

Thanks,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)