Preemptive CA in bridges?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Fri Apr 7 09:19:31 MDT 2006

Hi Loren
(THIN)  <FRESH>   CA,  wicks almost totally into the wood and arround the pin leaving almost no trace that CA has been used. This can be done without removing the pins or lowering the string tension. Tuning usually goes a little sharp ( about 5 to ten cents ) but is manageable. I like to do this at or very near tuned pitch or after a pitch raise that has shown the problem area.
Epoxy with heat sometimes still leaves residue that needs to be cleaned up. The added heat truly changes the tuning a bunch.
Hot hide glue, wont that require pulling the pins? And all the extra tuning that goes with that?
Bottom line the work involved. I'm sort of lazy <g>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com