Hammers blocking in Seiler uprights

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Sat Apr 8 01:02:56 MDT 2006

>Are your findings going to help Bergmans at all...:-)?
>
>Thanks for helping the light bulb go on.

Yes.   Ream the holes to the correct height.   Lay the keys on the
bench with the back checks hanging over the edge of the
bench.   Place a wet cloth over the B/R holes, and iron with a hot
iron. This will generate enough steam to swell up the B/R hole.
In this situation I don't bother easing the holes if they are a tad
tight.  Mother nature will take care of the tightness fairly quickly.

Roger