Andersens web site

Leonard ... ldebeer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:58:55 MDT 2006

 Avery,

My opinion is the Flash player is a harmless a plug-in/helper app.  There
are many legitimate sites that use it, although most offer the option of
html only.  I do not use any JavaScript of Flash on my site for
accessibility reasons.

Ultimately it is your decision whether or not to install Flash, but you
could install it and disable it after viewing the site. To disable it in IE,
you simply go to:
Tools -> Internet Options -> click on the Programs tab, then -> Manage
Add-ons, then select Shockwave Flash and click on the 'disable' radio button
and if you ever need it again you could enable it.  So, if the concern
is that someone my hide malicious code in a flash presentation, you would be
able avoid such a possibility by having it disabled.

That is just a suggestion.

Leonard