Acrosonic w/ bass bridge (Ethics) question

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 10 12:21:42 MDT 2006

Sticky situations sometimes call for sticky solutions: In this case, epoxy. This doesn't resolve the issue with the store but if Mr. Mellow is up for it, do what you can to stabilize the remains of the bridge and put on new strings.

Take pictures.

Have a very frank (not indignant or angry) chat with the store owners. Tell them you "saved" the customer but were surprised to see them risk their reputation with that sale -- and at a price way high for its condition, IMO.

You'll have to use your best judgement, based on personalities, prior experience, etc., but do remember that YOUR reputation rides, to some degree, on theirs as long as you are affiliated with them.

If this is indicitive of a new attitude or the store is hurting financially or they really don't care, then bail out fast. It may hurt a little, but with some aggressive marketing, you can come out on top--and be a lot better off in the long run.

My two centavos.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri