Dave Bunch's advice

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu Apr 13 06:33:48 MDT 2006

Greeetings,

  RE: Bald. Acro. with splitting bridge & 2 broken strings sold by dealer.

     How did this all end up?.....Well I called the dealer, I told him the
customer was pretty mellow,  about the whole thing (i also mentioned that I
didnt emphasise the severity of the problenm TO the customer, but I did inform
that it needs $100 worth of attention)  and then I told the dealer that I think
the guy paid too much for the piano. I told him what I wanted to keep the piano
going; and that +keep the piano going+ was the best I could do for $100.
(Otherwise it would be a new bass bridge and strings in a Baldwin
Acrosonic)...umm...Even if it was feasable who is going to pay for that?.....I dont think so.

       THe dealer responded by telling me that the other floor piano tuner
that they use had not beeen in the store for a while and that the other tuner
usually looks over/goes over the used pianos when she is there. An that this
Acronsonic "silpped through the cracks".

           He said taht they price the used pianos so that a newer item would
look more appealing, and that for the price that this guy paid, he could have
spent $150 more and had a Kawaii electronic piano. He said they price the
used pianos like this in hopes of selling the customer something better, making
them seee that if they just spend a few hundred more....

           Ultimately, he told me he would pay for the piano repairs, and
that I could go back to the customer and tell them that the store says that the
customer can return the Acro and get credit for another something new (acoustic
or elec)  or keep this one and keep it going and that it would be paid for.

    Wheeeeeyyeeew!!! Geesh... What a "choice"!

JUli
PA

  In a message dated 4/13/2006 7:48:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,